How to Survive Gasparilla Pirate Invasion
Tampa Gasparilla Tips
for Avoiding Arrests
Believe it or not, it is possible to enjoy the Gasparilla Pirate Invasion without waking up with a criminal record or regretting your own birth. Tampa Police Department (TPD) is on a mission to protect and serve during this years Gasparilla Festivities. As you are walking around you may feel like someone is watching you.. You aren't just paranoid, "Big Brother" is watching. The Tampa Police Department has been using mobile surveillance camera units put in place to help secure the Republican National Convention last year.
Other Coverage of Gasparilla Pirate Invasion
- Must be 21 or older to consume alcohol
- Open containers only permitted in designated areas
- Alcohol may not be consumed from kegs or large vessels
- Must purchase alcohol from vendors
- Only cans or plastic bottles permitted; no glass or Styrofoam cups or containers
- Use port-o-lets and other restroom facilities, no public urination
- No Fighting
- No Property damage
- No Trespassing - the parade goes through residential neighborhoods be respectful of their private property.
- No nudity or flashing (not even in exchange for beads)
- No Public intoxication
- No Driving under the influence
- No motorized vehicles or bicycles
- No Weapons
- No Illegal drugs
- No coolers
- Park Remotely - There will be plenty of parking at Raymond James Stadium with a shuttle to the parade route. There is also parking in the Ybor City Garage and take the street car trolley. Some will park in downtown Tampa and Channelside garages or parking lots.
- Drink water. Standing outside can dehydrate you and alcohol won't help.
- Eat before you start drinking.
- Assign a Designated Driver or plan on taking a taxi home.
- Don't throw away recyclables look for recycling receptacles.